iStem® wins Bronze Innovation Award at Fruit Logistica
- Zero-waste cauliflower iStem wins Bronze at Fruit Logistica Innovation Award
- Visitors from over 115 countries visited the trade fair during the three-day event
- Produce industry welcomes innovative ideas in cauliflower, tomato, snacking pepper, and cucumber
BERLIN, GERMANY — Syngenta Vegetable Seeds returned from Fruit Logistica with another Innovation Award, this time for iStem the "eat-it-all" cauliflower which charms consumers and reduces food waste. Istem brings home the third place Bronze Award, beating out the sea of contenders and nominees and follows on the footsteps of the 2020 Gold Award for YOOM® Tomato
"We are so happy to reconnect with the entire fresh produce community, and help everyone discover new and innovative products like snacking peppers, tomatoes, and the iStem cauliflower which was awarded the Bronze Innovation Award this year." – Jeremie Chabanis, Value Chain Lead for Europe, Africa, and Middle East.
The Syngenta team reconnected with growers from over 115 countries after the one-year hiatus of Fruit Logisitica in 2021. And besides our headline innovation with iStem, the fresh produce industry learned about the spectrum of innovative products available from Syngenta Vegetable Seeds.
Innovation Farm to Plate
Members of the fresh produce industry reconnected with an array of innovative products such as our new cucumber portfolio, SolidRib lettuce, and our Piel de sapo and Romolo melons in addition to many other of our hallmark products in the Syngenta Vegetable Seeds portfolio.
Our portfolio of innovative products meet the needs of growers in the face of a changing climate, and the needs of consumers who desire healthier food options in their fast-paced lifestyles.
- Sweetelle, Angelle, and Bamano continue to be leaders in the Baby Plum Tomato segment, shaping consumer eating patterns and making on-the-go snacks healthy and convenient.
- The Angello® seedless sweet pepper offers a nutritious snack on the go and can be eaten in one or two bites, providing another healthy option for consumers in the snack segment.
- Consumers appreciate melons for their taste but also when they are easier to consume, our personal size Piel de Sapo melon and our mini seedless watermelon fit the lifestyle of smaller families and single consumers.